From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Raul A. Gallegos
Sent: Friday, 1 February, 2013 9:18
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Jailbreak iPhone 4S

Hi, The iDownloadBlog is always a good source. Their site is
http://www.idownloadblog.com. In the mean time you can read the following
article from their site.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/01/28/how-to-prepare-for-the-ios-6-1-untet
hered-jailbreak/

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Having sex is like playing bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd

On 2/1/2013 6:23 AM, Krysti wrote:
> Raul where do I go to check for the untethered jailbreak on Sunday
> when we might get it
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 2013-01-30, at 11:58 PM, "Raul A. Gallegos" <r...@raulgallegos.com>
wrote:

>> Hello Krysti, I may have some information for you. Also, Mauricio, the
question wasn't about what you lose if you jailbreak, but whether it could
be done.

>> Anyway, jailbreaking iOS 6.0 or 6.01 is not really possible right now if
you want untethered, and believe me when I say that untethered is the way to
go. Otherwise you will be depending on a tethered jailbreak, and it means
you have to connect your phone to the computer and run software when it
reboots. Additionally, there has been a very difficult time of it from the
hackers on getting it working right. So, the good news is that if you wait
for the long-awaited untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.1, it's a good chance it
will be made available this Sunday. Now, to address some of the other things
which came up in this thread.

>> If you have a new iPhone and it came with iOS 6, you can't downgrade.
This is because of Apple signing each firmware installation for your phone.
I don't understand the specifics, but if you Google for shsh blobs, it will
give a better description for it. I have been able to downgrade in the past
before, but that was because I had saved my shsh blobs from a prior iOS
version.

>> The question I see come up often is if jailbreaking is worth it. I mean,
you lose Apple tech support, and supposedly void your warranty if you have
one. If you find that you need to have your device serviced, then you can
restore and go back to the current iOS and it will be unjailbroken. Of
course you will lose your settings and jailbreak apps, but that's a risk you
take when you go for the jailbreak path. I just realized I didn't answer my
own question on if jailbreaking is right or not. Like with all things in
life, it depends on the user and whether said user wants to trade in the
warranty for certain conveniences. Or even more importantly, it highly
depends on whether jailbreaking will enhance the user experience for the
specific user.

>> I'll give an example, if you have been using the iPhone unjailbroken and
it's met your needs, or you are really concerned about tech support from
Apple and/or warranty service, then jailbreaking isn't for you. If you
aren't concerned about their tech support or warranty, but you don't need
the enhancements that jailbreaking provides, then again, jailbreaking may
not be for you. I teach new users how to use the iPhone and even though I'm
a huge jailbreak fan, I don't recommend it to my clients unless they ask
about it first, and only if they feel they really need it.

>> I could go on and on about all the cool things you can do extra with a
jailbroken iPhone, but the list would be too long. Suffice it to say that
even though I'm using iOS 5.1.1 still on my 4S, I'm enjoying most of the iOS
6 features due to some sort of jailbreak enhancement. The one feature I will
mention here is probably 80% of the reason why I jailbreak in the first
place. I'm a Google Voice user, and I have totally integrated my Google
Voice number so that even tapping on phone numbers in text messages or web
pages or apps, will use my GV number to call the tapped number. Furthermore,
sending and receiving text messages using my Google Voice number is seamless
and can be done through the messages app. These are things you cannot do
unless you jailbreak.

>> So, bottom line, I truly hope that untethered iOS 6.1 jailbreak will come
out, but if it doesn't, I'll be sticking with iOS 5.1.1 for a bit longer.

>> --
>> Raul A. Gallegos
>> Everybody knows how to raise children, except the people who have
>> them.-P. J. O'Rourke Home Page: http://raulgallegos.com
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/rau47
>> Facebook: http://facebook.com/rau47
>>
>> On 1/27/2013 8:50 AM, Mauricio Almeida wrote:
>>> well, there probably is. my question to you is though why youw ould do
such a thing if it messes your ability of gaining support from apple in
addition to making you lose all your jail break data every time you update
your IOS?