I bought a Freetalk Wireless headset directly from Skype. It was around $99. It
worked seamlessly with Skype and had answer/hang up and volume controls on the
headset itself. It also had an adjustable mic. It had a USB dongle for wireless
connectivity, and charged via USB cable into the dongle. It also folded into a
compact bundle and included a carry case.  My only complaint about it was that
after waring it for many hours it would become uncomfortable. It was an on the
ear style, rather than the larger over the ear style.

I broke mine after around one year of use, and have not yet replaced it. I've
been hoping to find something more comfortable and with iTunes controls as
well. However, I have not yet found anything suitable and may buy another of
these Freetalk models.

My only warning is to make sure you don't get a bluetooth headset, as these can
cause difficulties with VoiceOver.