Hi Chris,

Just below the toolbar, there is a styles drawer button that toggles visibility
of the drawer.  When visible, move vo to the left of the toolbar and interact
with the drawer.
Move vo the the paragraph style table and interact with it.  Then move vo down
the list until you hear heading levels.
With vo on a heading level style, rout the mouse to vo and control-click.
Arrow down to the hotkeys menu and assign a hot key f1 through f8 to a heading
style.

Now, in the document you can press the hot key, type your heading, and press
return.  The style will be applied to what you just typed and you can verify
this with vo-t.
Good luck.

                Barry Hadder
bhad...@gmail.com