hi,

Your phone number is added automatically if you've set up iMessage and/or
FaceTime on your iPhone.  Once set up on the iPhone, it will sync with your
Apple ID on all devices set up for iMessages and FaceTime with that same Apple
ID.  As your phone number is not showing up, then I'm guessing that, for some
reason,, your iPhone is not set up properly with iMessage or FaceTime.  Try the
following on your iPhone:

• Go into Settings.
• Open Messages panel.
• Make sure iMessage is turned on.
• Back to Settings.
• Open your faceTime panel.
• Double-tap on the Apple ID item.
• You'll need to enter your Apple ID password here to gain access to these
settings.
• There will be a list of eMails and/or phone numbers associated with your
Apple ID.
• VO will say "Selected" then the eMail or phone number if it is active for
FaceTime.
• If VO does not say "Selected", then double-tap on the eMail or phone number
to activate it.
• Double-tap on any you wish to deselect if they are selected in error.

The FaceTime and iMessage numbers are related and thus by modifying these
settings from within the FaceTime settings, your iMessage settings should also
have similar settings.

HTH.

Later...

Tim Kilburn