From past discussions it seems like the best (only) way to use Google Docs well is to kick VO to the curb and use ChromeVox with the Chrome browser. It's the Google way and you have to buy into their entire ecosystem for it to work.

CB

On 2/15/13 4:04 PM, Brian Fischler wrote:
Hey all,

I know Google docs have been discussed on this list and I could have
sworn I saw a bunch of mentions on Google Plus, but I couldn't find
what I was looking for in the macvisionaries groups directory, so
pardon me for posting this.

I have to use Google docs and plus for a new work assignment and am
still finding them terribly inaccessible. Has anyone found a good way
to use either of them, and if so has anyone done a podcast on it or
put together any documentation.

Regarding Google Plus I just took a look at it, and it was like
reading Greek. I tried plus one a few things, but couldn't even find
where what I had plus one on my google plus page appeared. Is editing
your profile and adding people accessible either on the mac or iPhone?
I played around with both but really didn't have any clue what I was
doing, so if it is accessible, please point me in any direction where
I can learn how to use google plus.

Regarding Google docs, I tried accessing them on the mac Iphone, Googe
Drive, and couldn't edit the spread sheet that I need to. Has anyone
figured out how to? It still blows me away at the lack of Google and
its accessibility. I tried using chromevox, but compared to voiceover
it is like using such an inferior screen reader with no rotor and
quick way to navigate a page that I lose my patience with it. Thanks
for any help.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯