hi, this happen to me, but luckily it was only that I was put in a guest
account, hopefully that is all it is, good luck
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sarai Bucciarelli
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:51 PM
  Subject: HELP! Mac crashed

  Help!
  I rebooted my MBP running ML. It looks like a brand new Mac that has
  been wiped. All folders are empty, VO is back to defaults. I am still
  in my user account, and it is not locked. When I check the disk space
  on my disk, it shows about 200GB free, and the disk is 500 GB. Based
  on this observation, I know it is not empty.  It is not locked, I'm
  still the only account, it is an admin account. If I go to
  applications, I see all my installed apps there. If iI go to my
  computer, choose my user name, it shows my folders such as documents
  and desktop, but says I do not have permition to read or write. I even
  get that same error if I stay in applications to long. I tried to
  access preferences, and it looks empty, but I cannot stay there long
  b/c of cannot read or right permisions error.

  I've tried rebooting, rebooting in recovery mode and repairing
  permitions and repairing disk. I've tried logging off and back on my
  account. I'm stuck!

database 8018 (20130216) __________

  http://www.eset.com