In a recent thread the topic of the m4a audio file extention type came up. This is a kind of file holder that can contain content of different audio file types, including mp3.

Does anyone know if itunes downloads in the m4a format are the full content as would be on a cd or are they in mp3 or any other lossy form?

Is it in fact possible to get full type audio files or the apple losslessform on itunes? I'm converting my cd collection to apple lossless, which uses the m4a extension also.

I'm looking for a web source with full type downloads if itunes doesn't have them.

Thanks.

XB