Hi Scott,
I use 1Password and have installed the Safari extension. It was awhile ago and
don't remembered exactly how it was done. However, I can tell you the extension
is not assessable with VoiceOver. I don't utilize it at all. I do everything
from inside the app. I'm sorry I don't have better information for you. I'm
certainly not an expert. Smile.
Good luck,
Rod