the keystroke combo command shift K toggles on or off the midi keyboard feature which allows playing notes on the keyboard. I think that the asdfg and qwert rows play the chromatic scale notes, and the keys z & x shift the keyboard by octaves.

You can look in the "window" menu item to check or uncheck the midi keyboard feature in case I got the hotkey wrong.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris H" <christopher...@gmail.com>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2013 7:10 AM
Subject: Garage Band question

Hello all
sorry if this sounds basic but is it possible to play midi notes using your mac's keyboard? If so how? I know of some midi programs on the other platform that allows you to do this, cutting out the requirement for an external midi keyboard. Any responses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Chris.
--

Christopher Hallsworth

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.