Hello Donna,

I'm affraid I haven't had the sighted support to get the command line tools installed. The graphical interface is inaccessible. To install the command line tools requires opening the advanced preferences of the program. I believe that I'll be able to convert ebooks into different formats from the command line. As I do currently on Windows.

However, Calibre will not convert books that have DRM. You'll have to use another tool to remove DRM. Depending upon what country you reside will influence your personal feelings about removing something that the producers have employed to stop such activity.

I personally, remove DRM from books I've purchased for personal use. Simply, in order to access it. But I respect that some people wish to obey the strict letter of the law of their country. I would rather buy an iBook version of a book than have to remove DRM from another format.

HTH

Gena