so, what you wanna then do is interact with the table that shows the list of discs and volumes in your disk utility. Then highlight the disc with the pictures. Once done, go up to the top and interact with your toolbar, and go over to new image. It'll then ask where you want to save the dmg just like a standard save dialog.

Then, to reburn the disc, put your blank disc in the drive, go to disc utility, then in your toolbar, go to burn. Then browse to the dmg you made, and there you go.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisette Wesseling" <lisettewessel...@gmail.com>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:59 PM
Subject: Re: copying a disk

It's pictures.
How do you make a dmg image of a disk?
Thanks.
I saw the copy disk option in disk utility but not the create a dmg.
Thanks for your help

Lisette

On 17/03/2013, at 1:33 PM, "Chris Gilland" <clgillan...@gmail.com> wrote:

Well, there're several ways you can do this.

When you say it has to be exact, is this an OS installation or some bootable disc? If so, you're best bet would be to make a dmg image of the disc. Otherwise, your best bet probably is gonna be to copy the content of the disc in your finder to your macintosh HD in a folder of its own, then when you need to burn it again, just put in your blank disc, navigate to the files/folders on your hard drive, copy them, then go over to the blank disc in your finder, paste them in, then burn.

If you can be slightly more specific what you're copying it'll make it a bit easier to tell you what to do. We don't need the specifics of what the disc contains, as I totally understand that might be private, but at least tell us is it just some word documents, pictures, html files, software installations, an OS CD, or what.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisette Wesseling" <lisettewessel...@gmail.com>
What's the best way to duplicate a cd (not audio) and place it on the hard drive? I want to be able to burn it to another CD in future, so it has to remain exactly as is. It's not audio so I'm not asking about converting to mp3.
Thanks.

Lisette

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.