don't forget, you can always move a region by cutting (command x) and pasting (command V) in the new location. If at any time you can't seem to get GB to work correctly with a region, make sure the region is properly selected. Just because VO says a region is selected, that doesn't mean that GarageBand agrees. route the mouse to the VO cursor and press VO shift spacebar. Now, that region is definitely selected, and the cut, copy, past, and any other command that requires a region to be selected will work as it should.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jürgen Fleger" <apple-engl...@fleger.net>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: Garageband and moving regions

Hi Ricardo,

OK, thanks for your answer. Now I'm completely confused. haha.

At the moment it seems to me it works not with all the loops.
Example:
In my project are two tracks:
1. Acoustic Picking 04
2. Basic Rock Drumset 04
both tracks are looped. I splitted track 1 in to two regions and tried the described method to move the region. It didn't work. Then I tried to move the Basic Rock Drumset to move completely through the same method. It worked fine. Then I splitt the Basic Rock Drumset in the middle. Garageband splitted it in to three regions despite the fact I pressed CMD + t just once. And - very surprisingly - I was able to move the regions of the Drumset track by the described method. Isn't that crazy?

Could you please briefly tell me what you did in your podcast 2 when you used CTRL + Option + Shift + CMD + arrow right or left?

Thanks and all the best
Jürgen