Hello Donna,

Remember that "Add to iTunes as a Spoken Track" is a Services menu option, and
since services operate on selections, it won't show up as a menu option until
you select some text that you want to be converted into a spoken audio file.
Once you select a section or all of a text file, this option will appear under
the "Services" submenu on the menu bar for your application.  (Control-F2 or
VO-m to move to the menu bar, right arrow to the application, and arrow down to
"Services". When you right arrow to the "Services" submenu, it should appear as
one of the options.)  If you're reading mail, you should be able to select some
text in mail and find this option under your Services menu for mail, just as it
should appear under the Services menu for TextEdit.  If you have defined a
keyboard shortcut for this service, once you have selected text you will also
be able to use that shortcut as an alternative to navigating to the Services
submenu under your application.

Also, remember that unless you have inserted an embedded speech command at the
beginning of your text to change the default speaking rate, your spoken audio
file may sound slow to you.  To change the speaking rate, you'll have to put in
a line like:
[[rate 300]]

That's two left brackets, where "[" is the character to the right of the "p"
key on the U.S. English keyboard, followed by the word "rate", followed by a
space, followed by the number of words per minute you want to use, followed by
two right brackets.

I don't believe that the "Add to iTunes as a Spoken Track" Service menu option
is checked by default.  New users will have to navigate to their Keyboard
shortcuts pane under System Preferences for Keyboard to check this option.  An
easy way to navigate there is to go the last element of your Services submenu
under any application, which is "Services Preferences".  For example, from
mail, Control-F2 to the menu bar, right arrow to "Mail", arrow down to the
menu, press "s" to move to "Services", right arrow to the submenu, press
Command-Down arrow to move to "Services Preferences" and then press return.
Navigating this way will bring up the "Keyboard" window of your System
Preferences with the "Keyboard Shortcuts" tab already selected, and with
"Services" already highlighted under the first table of services.   Then, you
only have to navigate to the second table of shortcuts and check the box for
"Add to iTunes as a Spoken Track".

Donna, I think that you bought GhostReader with your Infovox/iVox voices.
GhostReader has Command-E (Export to audio file) and Command-I (Export to
iTunes Track) menu options under the FIle menu.  I'll remind you that with
GhostReader there is a command that lets you switch between the Infovox voices
and languages in your file.  Also, if a file is open, you don't have to select
text to export it to an audio file.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther