Hello Mike,

Have you looked into using the Voice Dream Reader app?  This app does not have
the same level of navigation options that the Read2Go app has, so you'll
probably still want to do most of your Bookshare reading with Read2Go.
However, Voice Dream Reader has some features that I believe you would want:
first, it allows you to read Bookshare books with German voices, while Read2Go
only supports reading in English with the Heather voice.  Voice Dream Reader
comes with the Heather voice, but people who want to read in other languages
can purchase any of the Infovox/iVox voices that are available on the Mac, plus
the Acapela Group's Mandarin Chinese and Japanese voices, for $1.99 each via
in-app purchase.  You can also buy the Paul, Kate, or Julie U.S. English
NeoSpeech voices, or the Bridget British English NeoSpeech voice for $2.99
each.  Secondly, if you have Daisy books, or other documents or DRM-free
eBooks, that are not from Bookshare, it's much easier to get them into the app
via alternatives such as Dropbox, in addition to iTunes file sharing. Voice
Dream supports direct downloads of Bookshare books into the app, but it also
lets you transfer documents and non-DRM eBooks into the app through many other
methods, including the option to "Open in" the Voice Dream Reader app from web
links, etc.  Third, this app can be used to read many types of document and
eBook formats, and will remember the position, voice settings for language and
speaking rate, and bookmarks set for each of the files. So you can use this to
read TXT, RTF, Word or Pages documents, PDF, ePub books (without DRM), etc.
You can find out how far into a book you are, and navigate to a location by per
cent, as well as by using bookmarks. Also, you can organize your files within
your own folders within the app, and you can have Voice Dream Reader's TTS
continue to read the files while your device is locked.  Double clicking the
home button from the lock screen gives you access to the player controls to
play/pause, or to access the next or previous track.

I really like Voice Dream Reader for reading various sorts of text files in
multiple languages with the Acapela Group and NeoSpeech voices.  The developer
is very responsive, and is continuously adding features in response to user
requests and feedback.  For example, a pronunciation editor is in the works.
There are even more features for low-vision and print-disabled users in terms
of available font sizes, highlighting, color themes.  Because this is
text-to-speech, it doesn't have the same level of navigation options that you
can get with Read2Go and with iBooks.  And this is also true currently for
attached Braille devices.  But if you want to listen to a wide range of text
formats in multiple languages with high-quality voices, even with the screen
locked, and have your place and voice settings remembered, Voice Dream Reader
is a great option.  It's integrated with Instapaper, which is another app that
I use.

The list price for the Voice Dream Reader app is $9.99, but there's a free,
lite version of the app that you can download  to test the app.  Also, the
developer, Winston Chen, logs into the AppleVis site, so you have the option of
posting questions either in their forums or in the comments for the app entry.
Here's the App Store URL:
• Voice Dream Reader - Text to Speech ($9.99) by Winston Chen
https://itunes.apple.com/app/voice-dream-reader-text-to/id496177674
• Voice Dream Reader Lite - Text to Speech (free) by Voice Dream LLC
https://itunes.apple.com/app/voice-dream-reader-lite-text/id563971853?mt=8

Take a look at the app entry and the podcast at the AppleVis.com site:
• The App description entry URL is:
http://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/education/voice-dream-reader-text-speech
• The AppleVis podcast entry is:
http://www.applevis.com/podcast/episodes/walk-through-voice-dream-text-speech