Hi all. I'm using the latest versions of mountain lion and iTunes 11
and am having a problem. Whenever app updates are available, I select
download all free updates and then sign in when the dialogue comes up.

Now, where it says for example, 1/5 of 5, everything stops.

Back when I was using iTunes 10, as the updates downloaded, you'd get
a soft little chime or ding sound as each download completed, the
number would move along, and it would finish in no time at all. Now,
it just sits there doing nothing. When you try to quit, it says that
apps are being downloaded. If you do choose quit, nothing happens.
Even force quit doesn't usually close the program. I let it sit for
over an hour and nothing had changed.

Downloading podcasts and books behaves normally by the way.

Any ideas as to what may be causing this to happen?

Thanks,

Cameron.