Hi,

How about you try this in TextEdit:

1.  Open the document.
2.  Make sure the document is in Plain Text from under the Format menu.
3.  Press cmd-f to bring up the Find dialog.
4.  In the Find field, press Option-return.  That's pressing the return key
while the Option key is down.
5.  In the Replace field, press Option-tab.  That's pressing the tab-key while
the Option key is down.

What this does is look for return characters and replace them with tab
characters.  Now when you import this into Numbers, it will place the items
horizontally instead of vertically.

The issue that may arise though, is that if you use the Replace All
functionality, the entire document will go across the Spreadsheet in columns
which may not be your desired result.  What I'd do to fix this, is search for
the key words like "Incorporated" in "Sony Music Incorporated" then replace the
tab in that case with a return.  You may wish to search for the exact phrase,
not just "Incorporated" so that things like "Frustrated Incorporated" or "Pop
Music" do not confuse your replacing operation.  Using this method, it should
be able to essentially, divide these into groups so that those four items are
placed in a row then the next song or item is placed within the next row.
You'll need to do this in the order I've mentioned here as the tabs must be
created first then the return dividers second.

Hope this makes sense.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada