I've been noticing for the past couple months or so, my machine saying "Apple
submenu" every time I move the cursor around or type individual characters in
simple edit boxes. Example: highlight a file in Finder and then hit the return
key to rename it. then start typing the new name or cursor around in there to
edit wherever. Do not interact with this edit control yet. For me, I keep
hearing that phrase every time I move the cursor or type. Now if I interact
then it stops doing that. I also get this in TextEdit if I don't interact there
but that is obviously a place where I would always want to interact. I've never
had this situation in the past; has anyone here experienced this? What could be
causing VO to keep saying "Apple submenu" I don't have any menus forced open or
any of that.

Thanks for any ideas or help.