Are you saying that I don't have to do anything about the bootcamp copy, and that using the product key in the Fusion copy will override the bootcamp installations authorization?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris H" <christopher...@gmail.com>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: de-authorizing windows7 in a bootcamp installation

This is done automatically once you activate the installation in Fusion.

Christopher Hallsworth
E-mail and Facebook:
challswor...@sky.com
Skype:
chrishallsworth7266
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/@christopherh40
Find my blog at
challsworth2.wordpress.com

On 22/04/2013 14:30, Phil Halton wrote:
I want to use the version of windows7 I currently have installed in bootcamp in a VMWare fusion virtual machine instead.

I have only one product key for windows7 currently attached to that bootcamp install, and am not interested in spending another few hundred for another key.

Does anyone know how I might de-authorize that bootcamp install of windows and free up the product key to be used to authorize a fusion install of windows7?

Of course, I would be eliminating the bootcamp partition entirely, but before I do I want to make sure the product key for windows is made available for another install.
thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.