Hi Alex,

I don't know if this would be quicker for you, but when a conversation thread
is present, you can press vo+J to go between the messages table, the text of
the message and so on. But you can quickly arrow up and down through the
conversation thread with vo+J getting you to the table quicker. That's the
closest I've come to doing next/previous message in ann efficient manner.
Rachel