Adobe Digital Editions reads DRM protected e-books. You can only read a page at
a time though. NO line, word or character navigation, but you can copy and
paste each page into another app such as Notes or TextEdit and read it
normally. I'm guessing this would make hyperlinks impossible or difficult to
use.
Bookle, iText Express and Safari can all read DRM free e-books. Bookle's
library and table of contents can be difficult to navigate once you have
several books. iText Express doesn't seem to have table of contents support at
all so far as I can tell. For DRM free e-books I tend to just change the file
extension to .zip, unzip them with StuffIt Expander and then read the html
files with Safari. There is one file for each chapter, but you don't
necessarily know which chapter it is until you open the file to check.