Hi Ricardo,

I am using IMAP, and you could certainly be right, though I can't imagine that
it's trying to load any more messages now than it was three weeks ago.

You know, this is the first time that I've looked at the Archive folder.  How
on earth does stuff end up there, anyway.  When I look at the list of messages,
I see no rhyme or reason behind what is stored there and what isn't.  Anyway,
it's got 900+ messages in it, so maybe I'll try deleting some of them and see
if that helps.
Cheers,
Donna