It is handy. What is frustrating is that it interrupts speech. For instance, I
use the preview feature of mail to hear a good chunk of a message without
having to open it. Often, VO will read the sender, subject, and date of the
message, then start to read that handy preview, then stop to say "1 row added"
and have to start all over again. I like knowing a new message arrived, but
Apple should make the feature more customizable, with options to delay speaking
the message (not interrupt), play a sound, or do nothing. That way, everyone's
happy: leave it how it is, or choose one of the new options. With activities,
you could even set the behavior on an app-by-app basis.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehg...@gmail.com