I know that if you get a book by mistake or dislike it you can return it if you
haven't finidhed it and got it recently but I've never herd about returning
books when you've finished reading them. Perhaps book rental is offered by
audible  in certain countries but I've personally never herd of it.
As for returning titles it's intended to be for if you get a book and find
you've read it, dislike it for some reason etc. Audible don't have to refund
your money or credit and if you try to read books and then try to return it or
try to return lots of items don't think you'll keep getting refunds. Ive
returned a couple of titles as I hadn't realised I'd already read them but I'm
not going to go silly with it because I like the feature to much to sabotage it
for myself. Smile.

There are 3 tabs in the app and this can cause confusion. If the app has cloud
selected you will see all the items you've ever purchased but if you choose
device  you will only see items downloaded on to your device. Make sure the
device tab is selected and then follow rays instructions to delete specific
titles.

Sent from my iPhone