Hi Megan,

On the Mac, I just use the web player.  It's definitely tricky, but doable.
When the tuner is in focus, the following short cut keswork:
Play/pause: space bar.
Like: +
dislike: -
Next song: right.

I think that up and down arrows are supposed to adjust the volume, but I
haven't had any luck with that.

Be ware of buying a supposed Pandora client in the app store.  I spent $5 only
to find out that it was just the web sight contained in the app.