I have a bootcamp partition that is half my hard disk with Mac OSX taking the other half. I'd like to import the bootcamp into VMWare, but it's too big. I have a external firewire disk available. How can I go about doing the import, and then erasing the bootcamp partition once successfully imported? I'd like to have the VM on my hard disk, not on the external.

Also, do you run into windows and Office authorization problems when importing, or just when running the bootcamp from within VMWare? Is either method better/less problematic?

----- Original Message ----- From: "matthew Dyer" <matthew.dye...@earthlink.net>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 2:35 PM
Subject: Re: VM Fusion question

Hi,

One thing you can do is place the machine you are running in full screan mode and yes my vmware takes over the keyboard when in fockus.

Matthew

On Jun 14, 2013, at 1:34 PM, Barry Hadder wrote:

It is supposed to grab keyboard automatically. If you can see the toolbar, try hitting option-tab a few times until you hear wineyes. That usually works for me. If it doesn't grab, try moving away from the Fusion window with command-tab and back again. Then retry the option-tab thing again. You can also try maximizing the window. I think it is control-command-enter. You can find it in one of the menus to be sure.