Hi,

I've never found that highlighting text like this is an effective aid for blind
people. At least it isn't much good to me. What I tend to do is copy and paste
the relevant text into a separate document I'll call notes on whatever subject
or book it is I'm researching/reading. As well as the quoted text, I'll make
sure to right down the page number, if I can access it, or any other
information that will help me identify the spot again. And I will include the
citation of the book/article (author's name, title etcetera). This way, when I
want to review what I've studied I can look through my notes and I'll have the
correct references there so I don't need to go back to the book unless there's
some other information I need to get, and then I've got the reference right
there anyway. As well as simply copying and pasting text, it can be good to
write your own notes or summary of the book/article (again including the
appropriate citation), as this also helps you to think about what it actually
is you're reading.

I hope this makes sense and is of some use.

P.S. Can iText open DRM protected Kindle books? If it can, that's amazing! Or
is it just Kindle books which have had their DRM removed?