That's why I gave up on Alex. He sounds okay in promos or quick snippets, but I
quickly found him to be annoying for real work. My personal favorites for
speech are either Lee or Serena. Give those and the other Nuance voices a try
(assuming you have 10.8) and see what happens.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehg...@gmail.com