When you get to the trash by either going to the doc or doing what was
suggested before, you can also press command delete and the file goes back to
where came from. Unless something terrible happens to your computer, you should
not lose a file off your Mac unless you erase the trash.
Regards,
Gigi

Sent from my iPhone