hi,

try this.  When you log in to your Mac, press FN option f12. This will open
sound preferences.  Press VO right arrow twice then press VO spacebar.  This
will select the output tab.  Lastly, Press VO command T. This will jump you to
the table with youraudio devices.  Press the up arrow a few times.  If all
works well, your sound should be back.

hth.

Ricardo Walker
rica...@appletothecore.info