Hello esther thanks for that i will give that a try so again thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Esther
Sent: 27 July 2013 18:39
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Opening links in mail messages [Re: vo to caps lock]

Hello Wayne,
Did you try interacting with the message before navigating to the link, as I
suggested? I'm guessing that you usually press enter to read mail messages
with your preview pane hidden. In that case your focus may not be exactly on
the link when you try your VO+Shift+M.  Some people move off and on the link
again, then retry.  However, if you want to reliably land on the link in a
message that contains links, interact first. Then VO+Space will open the
link, or you can also use VO+Shift+M if you want other options.  You'll also
be able to use web rotor shortcuts like VO+Command+l to move to the next
hyperlink or Quck Nav single letter combinations.  And you don't need to
interact if you only want to read messages, but it ensures that you will
land with your focus on the link you want.  Interact, VO+Down arrow to link
and VO+Space to open the link in mail should work reliably on all systems,
even older versions of Mac OS X with limited memory, which was why I gave
those instructions in my earlier post,

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther

On Saturday, July 27, 2013 6:52:19 AM UTC-10, Wayne Coles wrote:
> hello that is what i thought but when i opened the menu there was no menu
to open link

> On 26 Jul 2013, at 23:39, Esther  wrote:
> Hello Wayne,
>

> To access links in a mail message you can use the contextual menu
(VO+Shift+M), which gives you several options, including "open link".
However, I generally interact with the mail messages area and use VO+Space
to open a link when my VoiceOver cursor is focused on it. For example,
interact, then VO+Down arrow or Down Arrow with Quick Nav to the link, and
VO+Space to open it.  You can also use Quick Nav and web rotor shortcuts to
move to the next or previous hyperlink. I'm guessing that you just press
"Enter" to read your message.  Interacting when you want to open a link will
ensure your focus is on the link.