I have never done it that way.  What I do is copy my
VMWare folder to a USB, then copy it to my new machine, and then hit command O
to find and load it.  The last time I did it, I just keep it on my external USB
drive, and run my vertial machine from there.  Works flawlessly!  JMO
Kliphton Senior
(iMessage )kliph...@icloud.com-Email kliph...@gmail.com
(Twitter,instagram,foursquare&Skype) kliphton72
[Text only] 914-820-2298
(Personal blog-read at your own risk!) http://kliphskorner.wordpress.com