Hello Phil,

Don't worry about updates. You'll be notified about them from the Mac Appstore
and there's no uninstalling to be done. The confusion comes because ABBYY
FineReader for Mac was available before the Appstore existed and some of us
bought it then, so we have to get our updates from the website.

As for scanning multiple pages, you can do it with ABBYY FineReader, but it's
pretty laborious. You have to click Resume and then go back to the scanner
window to click Scan, and so on and so forth until you've done all the pages
you want.

I prefer to scan with VueScan and just use FineReader to perform the OCR but
that means laying out more money.

Cheers,

Anne