Command+Enter usually opens a link in a new tab while command+option+enter opens a link in a new window. At least on OSX 10.8.

CB

On 8/23/13 12:11 PM, CJ Daniel wrote:
Hi,

Not sure if I understand all the specifics of the problem that you're experiencing. But, I'll give some work-arounds that I use in similar situations.

First, when trying to click on a link in a header, I find that, sometimes, for whatever reason, I have to interact with the header to access the link. Again, not always, but sometimes.

Secondly, I can, usually, use VO-Shift-M to bring up a contextual menu & click on "Open link in a new window" or "Open link in a new tab." But again, that's usually. Other times, when using this procedure, I'll get another context menu that begins with "Back." Then, I know I've got to go the pseudo sighted Mac user route. I.E. I route the mouse to the link, via VO-Command-F5. I verify the previous function via VO-F5 & then press Control-actual track pad click. This always brings up the correct menu. Note: this won't work if Track Pad Commander is enabled in Voice Over configuration. Hence, I tend not to use it in Safari.

Hope this helps,

CJ