I am working on fixing LibreOffice accessibility on OS X. Currently focused
on Writer text component.
The just released LibreOffice 4.0.5 starts providing typing and cursor
movement echo on OS X 10.7 and 10.8.

And LibreOffice 4.1.2 (due in late September) and LibreOffice 4.2 will have
much better support for text accessibility, including announcing misspelled
text and other text attributes and searching for them, among others. If you
would like to get a sneak peak, you can download and try the daily build of
4.1 at:

http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/MacOSX-X86_64@43/2013-08-25_07.28.50/master~2013-08-25_07.28.50_LibreOfficeDev_4.2.0.0.alpha0_MacOS_x86-64.dmg

I will post to this forum with 4.1.2 is released and hope to get some more
features/fixes (e.g. accessible links in text) into it before the 4.1.2
deadline.

Cheers,
Boris