Hey Teresa,

When you first download it, you will want to close the installer window when it
comes up.  Then you in the Applications folder, you will find the install OSX
app, bring up the context menu, and choose show package contents.  Then in
Contents/Shared Support, find InstallESD.dmg and open it.

After the image is mounted, open disk utility and find the mounted dmg.  Then
select the restore tab and choose the destination.

Hope that helps.