The only thing to watch there is that you can then not save to iCloud at all.
If you want the option, I *think* the Terminal trick is your best bet, but I
may be wrong. Of course, if you don't plan to save documents in iCloud anyway,
then unchecking the option is indeed the easiest way to go.
On Sep 3, 2013, at 7:26 PM, Tim Kilburn <kilbur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> regarding Saving to iCloud from TextEdit, you don't need to sign right out to
> get rid of this.  Go to system Prefs, to the iCloud pane, Interact with the
> Services Table and uncheck the Documents and Data service.  Once it is not an
> active service within iCloud, TextEdit and other iCloud syncing apps will not
> suggest that anymore.
>
> Regarding the Contact syncing thing, I don't think that should matter.  The
> syncing between Mac and iPhone works best through iCloud and it will maintain
> a backup anyway.
>
> HTH.
>
> Later...
>
> Tim Kilburn
> Fort McMurray, AB Canada
>
> On 2013-09-03, at 12:25 PM, jean parker <radiofore...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello All:
>>
>> I signed into i cloud so that my contacts would sync with my i phone.  There
>> are two problems:
>> 1.  I get a message saying that if my contacts are backed up in i cloud they
>> won't be backed up on google.  I am not sure what this means or if I should
>> care about it.
>> 2.  When I go to save a document in text edit I get a message asking if I
>> want it saved to cloud.  If I sign out of i cloud will this go away?  It is
>> a nuisance.
>> Jean

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)