Yes, you need to download the Learning Ally Audio book manager to do this.
When you run it, it syncs with the LA website and your bookshelf and gives you
the option of downloading anything on your bookshelf.

You will also need the Learning Ally read here app to play the books on your
mac.  Both of these apps are available from the learning ally website.  The
process can be a little cumbersome, but it is definitely doable.

Good luck.  Let us know if you have more questions.

-Greg

Greg Aikens, M. Ed.
Teacher of students who are blind and visually impaired
Cobb County School District
gpaik...@gmail.com