I'm not sure what's going on there. I understand that you have an older drop box account which has a public folder. However, I've been given to understand that they're blocking this sort of file on any user account. I'd suggest trying it with another audio link if you have one to see if that solves the problem. If not, then we can go from there in trying to figure out what is going on. Also, give me a link to your direct post so I can see if I see an audio player on my end as I won't be logged in. Also, this is probably something we should best handle off list going forward so feel free to contact me. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Halton" <philh...@gmail.com>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2013 12:34
Subject: Re: Blogging in wordpress.com with safari

Hi Michael, Well, I tried the short code and just couldn't get it to work. this is the code I entered into my post:

[audio dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2281930/WordPress/podcasts/LooktelMoneyReader.mp3]

I use that same url as a link field from within the post and it works, but the audio short code doesn't seem to want to go, at least, I don't find the audio player anywhere in my post, neither do I get any error messages when uploading the post containing the short code from Mars edit. Is there supposed to be a space between the short code and the url? That's the only possible error I can think of - the url is correct and I enclosed the whole thing in brackets [].
Thanks for any help you can offer.

.