When you land on the Drop Box Icon in the menu bar, do these things, making
sure that your track pad commander is off.

1.  Press VO+Cmd+5 to rout the mouse pointer to the Drop Box Icon.

2.  Now, press Option+actually clicking the Mouse to cause the Drop Box menu to
open.  Note. you MUST click the actual mouse or track pad while pressing the
Option key.  That will get it done.

HTH.

Sent from my mac, the only computer with full accessibility for the blind
built-in!
Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray
Still a very proud and happy Mac and Iphone user!