Hi Brian,

You probably saw in Settings, General, Background App Refresh that you can turn
it on or off for specific apps.  If you find that you like having some apps
load updates slightly faster, you may want to turn it back on and disable a
bunch you don't care about in there that might be draining the battery.

Cheers,

Ed