From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Ricardo Walker
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 1:59 AM
To: Macvisionaries
Subject: Re: apple mail with Microsoft accounts?

Hello,

Yes.  A matter of fact, I just tried this out on my iPhone 5 and iPad mini,
both running IOS 7.

First thing you do is go to settings/mail, contacts & calendars.  There,
select add new account.  On the next window select other from the account
types.  Now fill in your name, and in the e-mail field, enter a fake
address.  For example, j...@example.com and enter in your real account
password.  You will also enter in an account description for example,
Hotmail.    Then hit next.  You should then be on a screen that ask you to
pick IMAP or pop.   Select IMAP if its not already selected.  On the same
screen, enter in your correct e-mail address.  For the incoming server you
will enter imap-mail.outlook.com.  For the outgoing server, you will type in
smtp-mail.outlook.com.  Although it says optional, I entered in my username,
which is your correct e-mail and password.

Hit next after all info has been entered, your device will validate, than
double tap save.

I think I’ll record a podcast on this this week.

hth

Ricardo Walker
rica...@appletothecore.info
Twitter:@apple2thecore