Hi,
The new Mavricks OS, I can't seem to make a boot disk of.
The install image is 5.31GB, but yet when I use LionDiskMaker or a program
within the install image called createinstallmedia, both methods failed.
I learned about the createinsallmedia program here
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/10/22/perform-clean-install-os-x-mavericks/
I used the same USB flash drive I used for the latest updates of MountainLion.
An error I got was that a file in the install image was missing, but I don't
understand why, as it was downloaded at least twice.