The view does not matter.  You might perhaps check out the sounds section of
Voice Over help.  There, you will find many sounds which were not there before.

Sent from my Mac, the only computer with full accessibility for the blind
built-in!

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray, still a very happy Mac and Iphone 5 user!