Greg,

I think you made a good point about the scrolling.  I think after thinking
about this however, it’s much more complicated.  While a blind person is able
to read a book, I don’t think that Voiceover is interacting with the scroll
area properly at all.

I looked at what I wrote, and I realized that it might have come across as
slightly confrontational.  That was not my intention at all.
I think that iBooks is so ruff at this stage, that Apple has to know that there
are problems.  The first dp version didn’t work at all.  So it’s actually come
a long way.    It was quite holarious.  I don’t really understand why they
haven’t spent more time with it sense they had built it up, but I’m sure that
there will be more done one it soon.
Take care.