Another reason I would never use POP on any mail server is, I like to filter
all my inbound email into separate folders like one for each list I'm
subscribed to. You *CANNOT* do this under pop. I use gmail's host based rules
to do this and this way I get the same folder structure on all my devices. If
you use pop, you have to to all filtering rules on one machine and any other
devices will not see this structure. I suppose if you only read mail on one
device then pop may be OK for you but as for me, I will never use it!