Yes, all these methods are great. I will just caution, however, that it's still
possible to lose messages this way if you're not careful. I recommend opening
activity monitor with command-option-0 if you're moving large numbers of
messages. It's worth while keeping an eye on what's happening, because it can
often actually take much longer for these messages to move than it appears from
the normal Mail interface. For instance, I copied a whole bunch of messages
from my gmail account to a new work account. The messages all disappeared from
the gmail mailbox, so I thought they had moved. I then deleted the gmail
mailbox. I then got an error message saying some of the messages could not be
moved. There was no way to get these messages back again. I guess what happened
is that I deleted the mailbox before they had actually been moved, and by doing
so I deleted the messages along with the mailbox. They did not appear in the
new work mailbox, and no longer appeared in gmail.
Cheers,
Nic