Hi all,
I finally got VMWare Fusion running! I guess I complained enough, because they
called me back within an hour, had me set up a remote access program, and did
everything for me. <grin> I'm still not overly impressed with their support,
but at least they fixed this.

Now, though, I have some questions. This is on a Macbook Air with 4gb of ram
(total, not for the vm only). I will set up Windows on my Mini soon, but want
to iron everything out on the Macbook first since my Mini is my primary machine.

1. According to Fusion's preferences, ctrl-cmd should toggle keyboard/mouse
control between Windows and Mac, but that does not always seem to be the case.
Voiceover usually grabs keystrokes, almost randomly at times, and the caps lock
modifier does not work at all. In addition, keyboard commander keystrokes are
grabbed, so windows-b executes my battery script instead of jumping to the Task
Bar. This, of course, means I cannot reliably control Windows, and cannot
access the NVDA menus.

2. The default behavior for closing Fusion is to suspend open VMs. Is that
okay, or is it recommended that I shut them down instead?

3. Windows seems quiet relative to OS10. Is there a way to turn it up? It may
well be Windows' volume, I haven't managed to check yet (see #1).

Thank you in advance, and I am sure I will have more questions as time goes on.
As I said, I really want to nail down any possible problems before trying this
out on my main machine. However, I am demoing Windows to a client tomorrow,
using the Macbook, so it would be nice to have better control over Windows
before then. (Yeah, I put this one off, but in my defense I never expected so
much trouble with VMWare).

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehg...@gmail.com