Well, for me, the Braille display is very useful, because I process information
better by reading than by listening. I also have a slight hearing impairment,
and get S’s and F’s confused with speech.

I like to read with a braille display. I do a lot of reading while listening to
baseball and hockey games, and using speech while listening to games is a bit
difficult.

With many displays, if you keep them on UsB, they’re also powered as long as
the computer is on. I have a display that uses either Bluetooth or USB, so I
alternate between the two.

I find a display much easier for editing. I really hate going character by
character using speech, and the braille makes it much easier to proofread.

It really depends on what you prefer. I have always preferred braille to
speech, so a display was a no-brainer for me. About fifty percent of the time,
I use braille to augment speech,

I read in bed a lot, too, and I can use the display with my iPod and not have
to use headphones or disturb my husband.

HtH,
Teresa

Slow down; you'll get there faster.