I don't get these either unless I am in the mail app or send mail from an app such as Fleksy.

On 03/12/2013 19:55, Brian Fischler wrote:
Hey all,

I spoke to Apple Accessibility about this and they have no clue what is going
on. I used to get a notification any time anyone in my VIPs would email me. On
my iPhone a message would pop up with a sound and then it just stopped. Does
anyone know why this is as I liked being notified any time one of my VIPs sent
me an email. I have removed all of my VIPs and started over but still no sound
or notification. Thanks.