Hi,

You could try using the built-in mathematical symbols available on every Mac:

Option Key plus slash is Divided by symbol (÷)
Option Key plus equals is Not Equals (≠)
Option Key plus v is Square Root sign (√)
Option Key plus comma is Less than or equals (≤)
Option Key plus period is Greater than or equals (≥)

As you may see, the Option key is the main modifier.  Some are logical, like
the Less than/Greater then or equals as they use the same key just with the
added Option key.  You could learn many of these by simply holding down the
Option key while pressing various keyboard keys while in a blank Pages document.

This may not be even close to what you’re looking for but thought it may be
useful.

Later…

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada